Is it safe to drink alkaline water during pregnancy?
Being pregnant is a wonderful time, but there are many things to consider during pregnancy. One concern could be whether or not alkaline water is harmful to you and to your baby. Another would be whether you are eating correctly and ultimately feeding your growing baby with the right foods.
Let’s address Alkaline Water. Water is important for all people, but there is no other time when a woman needs water, in particular, alkaline water, more than during pregnancy.
DRINKING ALKALINE WATER DURING PREGNANCY
Almost everyone has a hard time staying pH-balanced these days, but especially gestating mothers. Here are two good reasons for maintaining a healthy PH level:
1) The baby needs alkalinity in order to stay healthy and grow properly. Babies take a whole lot of the mother’s alkaline buffers while in the womb.
2) The pregnant mother-to-be has not only her own bodily acids that need to be neutralized but also the baby.
Benefits of Alkaline Water During Pregnancy
· Full of antioxidants, which can help to fight free radicals
· Strengthens the immune system and the immune system of your growing baby
· It promotes flushing of toxins and chemicals from the body
· It can aid in digestion and heartburn
· Restore the alkaline minerals absorbed by the fetus
The need for water multiplies while the pregnant mother’s ability to keep it down reduces.
The growing baby needs lots of water, not only because its body is 75% water, but also the growing amniotic sac is full of almost 100% water. During pregnancy the woman’s blood volume increases by about 50%. With all this extra need for water, during pregnancy, many women have a hard time keeping water down, because of morning sickness.
Alkaline ionized water has two benefits which help with this:
- it’s micro-clustered [so more water absorbs into cells]
- ionized water tends to have a settling effect on a nauseous stomach.
So – Is it safe to drink alkaline water during pregnancy?
The short answer is YES!
More Potential Benefits
Beyond not harming you during pregnancy, alkaline water might actually help. When you’re pregnant, your body becomes more acidic because the baby is taking a lot of your alkaline elements away from you and giving you back acidic waste.
It is extremely important for an expecting mother to drink more water in general – whether it is Alkaline (best), Purified or clean fresh tap water – all are important during pregnancy.
And for all your Alkaline and Purified water needs just call Aussie Aqua at 09561568294 or visit our website at aussieaqua.com.au